Thursday, August 6, 2009

a Double D Day

wow. Is BOOBS a bad word? I don't use the word breast, well, only when refering to chicken. However, apparently my son loves BOOBS, and big ones at that. I was ultra excited to scoop him up from school today, I missed him dearly during his 6 hours away. I waltzed into the classroom with a grin he could probably hear from outside. When, there it was...his teacher standing cross armed, waiting to 'speak' with me for a second. "Your son has had a hard day today." Okay... in what way? I think a thousands random thoughts about the possibilities of what constitutes a 'hard' day for a 4 year old, especially my 4 year old. The kid is a 13 year old trapped in a 4 year old's body. He blows me away with his witty mind and handsome maturity. So I know that the possibilities are endless as to what he could have possibly talked about in the classroom on this particular day. "Well, he told his friends that he wanted to read this book called 'Pickle' again so he could look at the picture of the girl with big BOOBS." At this point the teacher is concerned, I am concentrated on the fact that my smile will soon turn into hysterical laughter. What's the big deal? Seriously? We all have BOOBS. Some are small, and some are big. Some are just right. My question is not to the poor kid who noticed the enormous boobs in the picture in the first place, but to the illustrater who drew them. At what point does the illustrater think to themselves, 'this chic's gonna have huge boobs' and then execute. My son was just being him manly self, making a witty observation. Maybe I should work on his lingo...

No comments:

Post a Comment