Saturday, July 18, 2009

koochie koo goo goo blah blah

What's up with baby talk? Come on, no matter how little your child or how small your dog, it's like hot sugar in my ears. I raise my boy to become a man. Not a wimp. When in the presence of parents who raise the tone of thier voice that could inundate a dog whistle and who add "ies" at the end of each word, I think to myself "would you want a snackie before or after you had poopies?". I guess from the beginning, I've always looked at my son like a tape recorder for my deep and poetic thoughts, as if he was going to write my book someday. And maybe he will. It's simply contemptible to limit your childs intellectual capabilities from the very beginning, so he or she looks at your head like a helium balloon with desires of finding a needle and popping it. So for goodness sake, give your child the gift of becoming that 'egg head'. And if he wants to crack it later in life, the yolk will be his own mess to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment