Friday, June 12, 2009

The thing about my dad is...

He knows EVERYONE. He's the 'mayor' in his own right. He likes to talk to everyone about anything. Godfather of 'shooting the shit'. He likes to talk to us (the fam) on the phone at least once, maybe twice a day. Our heads share some strange radar, I know exactly when he's going to call right before he does. He's the coolest dork. Really. It's not that he's dorky, he's just cool, if it's like 1970. And these days the 70's are cool, so my dad is finally making his comeback! He has taught me that family ALWAYS comes first in life, then football. I hate football. I pretend it's cool to spend 12 hours a day watching it, but "Come on DAD!" - me when I was a little girl. He always has green chile, beans, and torts when I come over for dinner. (mmmmm...what I would give for some of that). He's my dad, and he hasn't called once today, wait a minute...I think that's the phone ringing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment